Write your personal faith story in English along
the guide lines below. When you are finished and have discussed it with
translate it into
Chinese. Make a table with two columns for both English and Chinese as
indicated below. Write your first name and the date and year on the document.
Use that document for telling your personal
faith story to others and for your own memorization.
- Where and how was I raised (culturally, socially, spiritually, and politically)
- What was my perception of life and death?
- What did I know about Christianity?
- What made me decide to investigate the Bible, the God of the Bible, and Christianity?
When and where was that?
- What convinced me that the God of the Bible is real and how did it happen
that I accepted the Bible as God’s true Word?
- Which role had Jesus in this? Bible verses?
- What means sin to me? Do I need forgiveness of my sins and why? How do
I confess my sins? What are the Bible verses that helped me understand?
- What is repentance to me? Do I want to change direction and how? Who
is the owner of my life? Which Bible verses are leading in that process?
- Why do I want or not (yet) want to get baptized? Mention Bible verses
My new status, world view, and expectations
- Who is Jesus for me? Give Bible verses.
- Who is the Holy Spirit and where is He in my life?
- What is my new role in relationships? Think about family, friends, intimacy
(dating/marriage), church, society (world view), etc.
- What is my destiny in eternity? Bible verses.
- For what am I grateful to God?