Xin Jiang da pan ji
big dish chicken for about 25 persons
- Potatoes 15 big potatoes peel and cut into cubes about the same size as the chicken.
- 2 whole chickens cut in small pieces
- Cooking wine
- Soy sauce (light and dark)
- 2 onions, cut in big pieces
- Red dry peppers (about 30)
- 3 green/red bell peppers
- Green onions (optional)
- 20 gloves (big pieces) of garlic, big piece of ginger, sugar, salt, vinegar, Chinese prickly ash (huajiao pepper), anise stars
- Salt the chicken pieces, add light soy sauce, cooking wine and marinate for about 15 minutes
- Prepare for this amount in two wok pans. Heat the oil and put 3 Tablespoons of sugar in each pan, when the sugar is dissolved and sticky add the chicken, fry the chicken.
- Add hua jiao pepper, red peppers (10-15 peppers), ginger, anise stars (1 Table spoon), add the garlic, potatoes and onions.
- Add water depend on how much water existed in the pan, the final water should just cover the potatoes and cook for about half an hour till potatoes are ready.
- Add salt
- For the color add the bell pepper, green/red and some green onions